My Top 3 Summer Essentials

My Top 3 Summer Essentials



Hi girls! I’m really sorry that I haven’t been able to update with my blog because I’ve been busy finishing with my schoolwork (It was hell) and I started working on a daily basis  starting the week after my graduation. I promise, more tutorials are going to be up soon! For now, let me share with you my top 3 products which would be perfect this season. I’ve been using these for the past few months, and there were several times during the period when I was in the process of finishing with my thesis book I would use only these three products because I was either always in a hurry, too tired or simply lazy. So without further ado,



1. CELETEQUE DermoScience™ Sun Care Matte Moisturizer has SPF30 UVA/UVB Sunscreens (Php 230.00, can be bought at Watson’s though I bought mine in Ayala Center Cebu’s drugstore beside the grocery section.)
The name says it all. It’s matte and has SPF 30. It’s water-based and helped with my oily skin. I wouldn’t wear this if I were going to wear foundation though because of the high SPF. When I first used this I was really surprised because it looked really white but I realized I squeezed too much. Oops. If you’re conscious about the ingredients, you can find the list here.

Judging by how it already looks, you can tell just how much I've used this up.

2.  Lizard Lips Lip Balm SPF 22 in Original Vanila(Php 129.00, Healthy Options)
I was a die-hard fan of The Body Shop’s Born Lippy. But the newest version with the packaging similar to the Nivea lip balms was awful. It irritated my lips and mind you- I don’t usually have allergic reactions towards makeup in general. The day after the Sinulog festival I was in SM, and while waiting for my car near the entrance and I saw the Healthy Options store and saw several lip balms. This one in particular caught my eye simply because of the SPF content and obviously, it’s organic. Unlike organic lip balms with SPF, this doesn’t leave a white cast. I also use this before going to sleep and wake up with really soft, kissable lips. So far I really love it and I might buy another one next week.



3.  Etude House Dear Darling Tint in #01 (Php 249.00, Etude House)

This reminds me of the old formulation of the Body Shop’s Lip and Cheek Stain. Though it was more of a liquid consistency, it was really pigmented. This product’s consistency is similar to the latest formulation of The Body Shop’s cheek stain but has the pigmentation and staying power of the old formulation. This lasts all day on my cheeks and I even use this as a base before applying powder blush. The packaging is really sturdy and idiot-proof. If you were to use this on your lips though blend the product with your fingers because it comes off patchy and uneven if you directly use the applicator. This particular color looks good on most skin tones and can be buildable. This product is really perfect for this season- this lasts up to 8 hours on me.

Swatches


So what are your summer essentials? I'll see you till the next blog post, ladies! More tutorials soon. 
:)